From: "Robin H. Johnson" <robbat2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Planning for automatic assignment of bugs
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2007 18:01:42
1 On Fri, Apr 27, 2007 at 08:57:27AM -0700, Ned Ludd wrote:
2 > > In light of the above, how about 'automatic=0'?
3 > Please keep with your original idea of letting maintainers opt out vs
4 > some of the ideas proposed in this thread where maintainers have to opt
5 > in as I'm sure the metadata.xml files wont be updated by enough people
6 > to really gain the benefit of what we are trying to do here if they have
7 > to do opt in.
8 Err, nowhere in here have I said it was going to be opt-in.
9
10 Taking into account the other reasonable input, how about the name of
11 attribute 'automatic-bug' ?
12
13 'automatic-bug=1' will be implied by the DTD, and developers will have
14 to explicitly opt-out by including 'automatic-bug=0' in their
15 <maintainer> entries.
18 Robin Hugh Johnson
19 Gentoo Linux Developer & Council Member
20 E-Mail : robbat2@g.o
21 GnuPG FP : 11AC BA4F 4778 E3F6 E4ED F38E B27B 944E 3488 4E85