From: Ned Ludd <solar@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Planning for automatic assignment of bugs
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2007 16:00:24
1 On Thu, 2007-04-26 at 22:01 -0700, Robin H. Johnson wrote:
2 > On Fri, Apr 27, 2007 at 02:33:50AM +0200, Danny van Dyk wrote:
3 > > > Both 'assign' and 'cc' (and derivations thereof are not suitable).
4 > > notification=assignment|cc|none ?
5 > This is to answer expose's question as well, but the attribute should
6 > only indicate if the maintainer entry should be used for any automatic
7 > process at all, not how to use it.
8 >
9 > One of the reasons is that multiple maintainers each with
10 > notification=assignment obviously won't work, and it's non-trivial to
11 > validate via the DTD (yes, DTDs suck compared to XSchema, I know).
12 >
13 > I intend that the first non-excluded maintainer entry is the one used
14 > for the automatic process.
15 >
16 > In terms of implementing this in the DTD, I'm going to specify that
17 > 'contact=1' (or whatever name we settle on) is the default, so that we
18 > don't break validation of any existing metadata:
19 >
20 > <!ATTLIST maintainer
21 > contact (0|1) 1 -- should this maintainer be used by
22 > -- automatic processes?
25 > In light of the above, how about 'automatic=0'?
26
27 Please keep with your original idea of letting maintainers opt out vs
28 some of the ideas proposed in this thread where maintainers have to opt
29 in as I'm sure the metadata.xml files wont be updated by enough people
30 to really gain the benefit of what we are trying to do here if they have
31 to do opt in.
32
33 Thanks.
37 Ned Ludd <solar@g.o>