From: "Robin H. Johnson" <robbat2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Planning for automatic assignment of bugs
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2007 05:03:49
1 On Fri, Apr 27, 2007 at 02:33:50AM +0200, Danny van Dyk wrote:
2 > > Both 'assign' and 'cc' (and derivations thereof are not suitable).
3 > notification=assignment|cc|none ?
4 This is to answer expose's question as well, but the attribute should
5 only indicate if the maintainer entry should be used for any automatic
6 process at all, not how to use it.
7
8 One of the reasons is that multiple maintainers each with
9 notification=assignment obviously won't work, and it's non-trivial to
10 validate via the DTD (yes, DTDs suck compared to XSchema, I know).
11
12 I intend that the first non-excluded maintainer entry is the one used
13 for the automatic process.
14
15 In terms of implementing this in the DTD, I'm going to specify that
16 'contact=1' (or whatever name we settle on) is the default, so that we
17 don't break validation of any existing metadata:
18
19 <!ATTLIST maintainer
20 contact (0|1) 1 -- should this maintainer be used by
21 -- automatic processes?
24 In light of the above, how about 'automatic=0'?
27 Robin Hugh Johnson
28 Gentoo Linux Developer & Council Member
29 E-Mail : robbat2@g.o
30 GnuPG FP : 11AC BA4F 4778 E3F6 E4ED F38E B27B 944E 3488 4E85