From: Ryan Shaw <ryan.shaw@××××××××××××××.org>
To: Matthew Kennedy <mkennedy@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: NEW app-emacs/ packages
Date: Sat, 28 Sep 2002 22:36:24
1 On Sun, 2002-09-29 at 04:59, Matthew Kennedy wrote:
2
3 > In particular, I'd like feedback on the level of customization I'm
4 > doing within site-start.el. In every case, I am configuring the elisp
5 > package to be ready to use in Emacs (load-library, require, autoload
6 > etc.). ie. You won't have to add anything to your .emacs file.
7 > However, I'm also adding the occasional keybinding where I think it
8 > makes sense.
9 >
10 > How do people find this customization? Too much perhaps?
11
12 I think the level of customization is just right: you've included
13 the "basics" that pretty much everyone who uses these packages will
14 want, without going nuts and adding everything.
15
16 Ryan