From: Markos Chandras <hwoarang@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Retiring
Date: Tue, 05 May 2009 16:41:28
1 On Tuesday 05 May 2009 19:26:00 Thomas Anderson wrote:
2 > On Tue, May 05, 2009 at 05:06:43PM +0300, Markos Chandras wrote:
3 > > On Tuesday 05 May 2009 16:50:47 Richard Freeman wrote:
4 > > > Arch
5 > > > teams seem to be generally doing a good job keeping up with STABLEREQs
6 > > > on the major archs - if you use a minor arch that isn't as well
7 > > > supported I'm sure we'd be happy to have more help.
8 > >
9 > > Arch teams, according to their project pages, are in a good shape. Major
10 > > arches have enough people ( assuming that the project pages are up2date )
11 >
12 > The amd64 project page at least is definitely not. We have a ton of
13 > slackers. I'd venture to say most in the project don't actively work on
14 > amd64 at all. We are handling the load fairly well though.
15 >
16 > Thomas
17 /me is listing all the reported issues
18
19 Really? I was thinking about joining amd64 project but when I visited the
20 project page , I saw like 25 people listed as developers. So I thought that
21 "Woow,there are plenty of dudes here, so there is no urgent need for new
22 developers right now"
23
24 This is a major issue as well. If the project pages are way out of date, how
25 do we expect people to understand our real needs on manpower etc. Cleaning and
26 updating the project pages once a while is not that difficult. It takes about
27 15' ( and a couple of e-mails to inform the slackers ).
28
29 If we really (?) want to run a "recruitment" campaign, our "web presence" but
30 be quite active and responsible.
33 Markos Chandras (hwoarang)
34 Gentoo Linux Developer [KDE/Qt/Sunrise/Sound]
35 Web: http://hwoarang.silverarrow.org