From: George Prowse <george.prowse@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Retiring
Date: Tue, 05 May 2009 16:52:35
1 Markos Chandras wrote:
2 > On Tuesday 05 May 2009 19:26:00 Thomas Anderson wrote:
3 >> On Tue, May 05, 2009 at 05:06:43PM +0300, Markos Chandras wrote:
4 >>> On Tuesday 05 May 2009 16:50:47 Richard Freeman wrote:
5 >>>> Arch
6 >>>> teams seem to be generally doing a good job keeping up with STABLEREQs
7 >>>> on the major archs - if you use a minor arch that isn't as well
8 >>>> supported I'm sure we'd be happy to have more help.
9 >>> Arch teams, according to their project pages, are in a good shape. Major
10 >>> arches have enough people ( assuming that the project pages are up2date )
11 >> The amd64 project page at least is definitely not. We have a ton of
12 >> slackers. I'd venture to say most in the project don't actively work on
13 >> amd64 at all. We are handling the load fairly well though.
14 >>
15 >> Thomas
16 > /me is listing all the reported issues
17 >
18 > Really? I was thinking about joining amd64 project but when I visited the
19 > project page , I saw like 25 people listed as developers. So I thought that
20 > "Woow,there are plenty of dudes here, so there is no urgent need for new
21 > developers right now"
22 >
23 > This is a major issue as well. If the project pages are way out of date, how
24 > do we expect people to understand our real needs on manpower etc. Cleaning and
25 > updating the project pages once a while is not that difficult. It takes about
26 > 15' ( and a couple of e-mails to inform the slackers ).
27 >
28 > If we really (?) want to run a "recruitment" campaign, our "web presence" but
29 > be quite active and responsible.
30 >
31 Is all this "help needed" stuff that ordinary users can help out with?
32 If so dont people go and ask for help in the forums?