From: David Leverton <levertond@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] FHS or not (WAS: [gentoo-project] Call for agenda items - Council meeting 2014-03-11)
Date: Sat, 01 Mar 2014 00:24:12
1 William Hubbs wrote:
2 > And I would argue that the maintenance cost of having separate /usr in a
3 > general sense is much higher than the benefit it provides.
4
5 That's a legitimate point (not that I necessarily agree or disagree as
6 I'm not the one who's tried to make it work) - perhaps I should have
7 acknowledged that it's still a trade-off. I'm just trying to get rid of
8 the meme that whatever benefits do exist somehow don't count because
9 they weren't planned in the original Unix design.