From: "Aaron W. Swenson" <titanofold@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] AMD64 Arch Testers needed urgently
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2017 12:07:56
1 On 2017-12-14 13:58, Kent Fredric wrote:
2 > On Wed, 13 Dec 2017 21:58:05 +0100
3 > Slightly modified suggestion:
4 >
5 > Add a flag called "autostabilize" with [unset], [y], [n]
6 >
7 > Default is 'unset', and if found unset after a given time, it flips to
8 > y and the stable bot gets queued up.
9 >
10 > If its set to 'n', then stable bot never does anything.
11 >
12 > This way maintainers who want to rush the stablebot on things they
13 > consider "safe" can get ahead of the queue.
14
15 Well, we kind of have that already with “Runtime testing required” (RTR).
16
17 RTR=no stablereqs are good candidates for automation.
18
19 If everything has been properly handled in the ebuild, then an emerge
20 should succeed. And, RTR being set to “No” indicates that there aren’t any
21 tests to perform other than those defined and handled within the ebuild.
22
23 Restricting the set to RTR=no would eliminate special cases needing to
24 be taken into consideration.
25
26 Of course, RTR being unset or set to yes should be skipped.
27
28 We could initially start with stablebot only adding a comment to a bug
29 that it thinks it’s safe to stabilize the subject. This would give us
30 some time to gain confidence in it and/or weed out the bugs.