From: Kent Fredric <kentnl@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] AMD64 Arch Testers needed urgently
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2017 00:58:21
1 On Wed, 13 Dec 2017 21:58:05 +0100
2 Thomas Deutschmann <whissi@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > b) Because not all devs care about stable Gentoo, I would recommend
5 > auto-stabilization: I.e. if a package is in the repository for x days
6 > build bot would try to build the package and mark the package stable
7 > if everything passes. If for some reason maintainer want to block a
8 > specific version they could create a bug or set a flag in an already
9 > existing bug which will cause build bot to ignore this version.
10
11 Slightly modified suggestion:
12
13 Add a flag called "autostabilize" with [unset], [y], [n]
14
15 Default is 'unset', and if found unset after a given time, it flips to
16 y and the stable bot gets queued up.
17
18 If its set to 'n', then stable bot never does anything.
19
20 This way maintainers who want to rush the stablebot on things they
21 consider "safe" can get ahead of the queue.
24 [nb: unsigned mail, pinentry currently broken due to -fPIC profile
25 migration]