From: "Marty E. Plummer" <hanetzer@×××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Idea for a new project: gentoo-libs
Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2018 02:52:08
1 So, as you may be aware I've been doing some work on moving bzip2 to an
2 autotools based build. Recently I've ran into app-crypt/mhash, which is
3 in a semi-abandoned state (talking with the maintainer on twitter atm),
4 and I was thinking it may be a good idea to set up a project for keeping
5 these semi-abandoned and really-abandoned libraries and projects up to
6 date and such.
7
8 Basically, an upstream for packages who's upstream is either
9 uncontactable or is otherwise not accepting bug fixes and patches. So
10 far I can only think of app-crypt/mhash and app-arch/bzip2 but I'm sure
11 there are others in this state.