From: R Hill <dirtyepic.sk@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: RFC - new category dev-tos
Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2006 00:52:58
1 Luca Barbato wrote:
2 > sanchan wrote:
3 >> Hi all, I'm working on TinyOS related ebuilds (Bug #78908) and since
4 >> actually there are 20 ebuilds in my overlay may be worth proposing a
5 >> dev-tos category.
6 >> It will take a few weeks in order to have all the ebuilds updated for
7 >> the new release of tinyos, have them reviewed by peer an committed to
8 >> the tree, but it's a lot easier to make a category early rather than
9 >> moving stuff.
10 >
11 > Isn't it too specific? I'd rather spread them in the current categories.
12
13 Considering we have _two_ separate categories for ~30 rox ebuilds, i think
14 dev-tinyos category is justifiable. Spreading out two dozen packages that
15 aren't useful for anything outside of TinyOS complicates things by making it
16 inconvenient for devs to maintain and users to find.
17
18 Just my two cents.
19
20 --de.