From: Steev Klimaszewski <steev@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: "Slacking" arches - which are stable, which aren't?
Date: Mon, 06 Oct 2008 13:27:32
1 On Sun, Oct 5, 2008 at 9:07 PM, Ryan Hill <dirtyepic@g.o> wrote:
2 > On Sun, 05 Oct 2008 20:44:51 -0500
3 > Jeremy Olexa <darkside@g.o> wrote:
4 >
5 >> I would suggest moving all the "slacking" arches to "experimental"
6 >> until there is desire from the dev community (read: manpower) to
7 >> support a stable tree again. Until then, it seems pretty pointless to
8 >> keep assigning bugs to these arches and they just keep rotting there
9 >> because no one gets around to them.
10 >>
11 >> 2 cents,
12 >> -Jeremy
13 >
14 > ++ $473.57
18 My aim with the email wasn't to start up this discussion so much as to
19 figure out which arches are supported by stable keywords, and which
20 ones are okay to not request stable keywords so that bugs don't sit
21 around for months without action on them. I know that vapier is
22 pretty much the only dev with an sh or s390 box, but I know there are
23 a couple of people with ARM, I was just hoping we had some sort of
24 official list somewhere.