From: Patrick Lauer <patrick@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Things one could be upset about
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2015 12:31:05
1 On 01/19/15 17:47, Jeroen Roovers wrote:
2 > On Sat, 17 Jan 2015 19:35:09 +0800
3 > Patrick Lauer <patrick@g.o> wrote:
4 >
5 >> * AutoRepoman catches on average maybe 2 user-visible breakages.
6 >> Mostly removing stable on HPPA ;)
7 >> Fix: Make repoman faster (tree-wide scans take ~2 CPU-hours)
8 >> Fix: Remind people that using repoman is not optional
9 >
10 > repoman doesn't check reverse dependencies for the package you're
11 > working on.
12
13 If it were fast enough we could do that.
14
15 pcheck from pkgcore was at one point down to under 3 minutes for a full
16 tree scan, that's pretty much "fast enough" so that people could run it
17 on almost every ebuild removal. repoman takes around 30 minutes when
18 parallelized, on the fastest hardware I currently have access to. Or
19 about 2 CPU-hours with a single thread ... that's prohibitively slow.