From: Zac Medico <zmedico@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Multiple Repo Support
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2005 21:21:48
1 Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > | Local news delivery *should* still be using the user label. Unique
3 > | repo internal labels don't matter to glep42, since the label that
4 > | news delivery _should_ use is what the user's configuration has named
5 > | it.
6 > |
7 > | Just stating it, since tagging a unique id into the repo isn't a hold
8 > | up for glep42. What is an issue with glep42 is planning for N repos,
9 > | eg another level of dirs/indirection as has already been stated.
10 >
11 > The holdup for GLEP 42 is that you're trying to demand that it supports
12 > some arbitrary future extension to Portage without specifying how that
13 > extension will work.
16 I get it. The Portage team asks you to extend your spec, so you turn it around and ask them to extend their spec. Ha ha ha. Funny game. :)
17
18 Brian agreed with you that the extended dep syntax will be necessary at some point in the future. I also agree. So, knowing that glep 42 doesn't require extended depset syntax, can we stop playing this game and just settle on something like newsdir="$(portageq newsdir gentoo)"?
19
20 Zac
21 --
22 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list