From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Multiple Repo Support
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2005 21:36:34
1 On Fri, 16 Dec 2005 13:18:45 -0800 Zac Medico <zmedico@×××××.com> wrote:
2 | I get it. The Portage team asks you to extend your spec, so you turn
3 | it around and ask them to extend their spec. Ha ha ha. Funny
4 | game. :)
5
6 No no no. The Portage team asked me to extend GLEP 42 to include support
7 for some random thing that they might introduce in the future. I tell
8 them no, unless they be a lot more specific about what said random
9 thing is going to be.
10
11 | Brian agreed with you that the extended dep syntax will be necessary
12 | at some point in the future. I also agree. So, knowing that glep 42
13 | doesn't require extended depset syntax, can we stop playing this game
14 | and just settle on something like newsdir="$(portageq newsdir
15 | gentoo)"?
16
17 What the heck is this 'gentoo' thing, and how does it help? Shoving
18 newsdir into portageq doesn't help *at all* with multiple repository
19 support.
22 Ciaran McCreesh : Gentoo Developer (I can kill you with my brain)
23 Mail : ciaranm at gentoo.org
24 Web : http://dev.gentoo.org/~ciaranm