From: Luca Barbato <lu_zero@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Monthly Gentoo Council Reminder for June
Date: Mon, 02 Jun 2008 14:47:12
1 Santiago M. Mola wrote:
2 > I think we have not enough feedback from users about this. Either
3 > Bugzilla is not the right tool, or we don't encourage users enough to
4 > ask for keywords when they need them. Currently, some people assume
5 > that "if a user from $arch needed this package, he'd have requested
6 > keywords", but that's wrong.
7
8 Good point and probably a good start to find a decent solution about
9 getting the stuff needed by user keyworded but not overwork arch teams.
10
11 Probably having 2-4 lines about this in the next newsletter could foster
12 awareness.
13
14 Having a smarter repoman and bugzilla integration to handle
15 stabilization and keyword bugs automagically would be great but I think
16 would require time (since such bugs could spare the dev some trips
17 around bugzie)
18
19 lu
23 Luca Barbato