From: "Santiago M. Mola" <coldwind@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Monthly Gentoo Council Reminder for June
Date: Mon, 02 Jun 2008 11:05:14
1 On Mon, Jun 2, 2008 at 11:18 AM, Raúl Porcel <armin76@g.o> wrote:
2 > Ryan Hill wrote:
3 >>
4 >> On Sun, 01 Jun 2008 19:41:28 +0200
5 >> Raúl Porcel <armin76@g.o> wrote:
6 >>
7 >>> IMHO the packages should be keyworded if an arch team member or an
8 >>> user of that arch requests it. Keywording something if an user of
9 >>> said arch doesn't request it, is a waste of resources.
10 >>
11 >> How is making things available to your users a waste of resources?
12 >> Anyways, if you're so far behind that you don't think you can manage
13 >> keywording another package then just say so and deny the request.
14 >>
15 >> What does this have to do with council?
18 > And whats the point of having some package keyworded if nobody is going to
19 > use it?
20 > I don't care anyway, i just want an official clarification, personally i
21 > tend to keyword stuff if i think its going to be useful.
22 >
23 > Thing is, whats the difference in a maintainer asking for a package to be
24 > keyworded and keywording all the packages in the tree?
25
26 You're not going to be asked to keyword the whole tree, that's the
27 difference ;-)
28
29 I think we have not enough feedback from users about this. Either
30 Bugzilla is not the right tool, or we don't encourage users enough to
31 ask for keywords when they need them. Currently, some people assume
32 that "if a user from $arch needed this package, he'd have requested
33 keywords", but that's wrong.
34
35 Regards,
36 --