From: "Raúl Porcel" <armin76@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Monthly Gentoo Council Reminder for June
Date: Mon, 02 Jun 2008 09:18:34
1 Ryan Hill wrote:
2 > On Sun, 01 Jun 2008 19:41:28 +0200
3 > Raúl Porcel <armin76@g.o> wrote:
4 >
5 >> Requesting ~arch keywords: Is a maintainer able to request ~arch
6 >> keywords, if the package is not a dependency of some other package
7 >> which is keyworded, and the maintainer doesn't have that arch?
8 >
9 > Yes. Last time I looked anyone could request a keyword.
10 >
11 >> IMHO the packages should be keyworded if an arch team member or an
12 >> user of that arch requests it. Keywording something if an user of
13 >> said arch doesn't request it, is a waste of resources.
14 >
15 > How is making things available to your users a waste of resources?
16 > Anyways, if you're so far behind that you don't think you can manage
17 > keywording another package then just say so and deny the request.
18 >
19 > What does this have to do with council?
22 And whats the point of having some package keyworded if nobody is going
23 to use it?
24 I don't care anyway, i just want an official clarification, personally i
25 tend to keyword stuff if i think its going to be useful.
26
27 Thing is, whats the difference in a maintainer asking for a package to
28 be keyworded and keywording all the packages in the tree?
29 --
30 gentoo-dev@l.g.o mailing list