From: Daniel Pielmeier <billie@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o, Daniel Buschke <magic-gentoo@××××××××××××××.de>, Zac Medico <zmedico@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] speeding up usage of portage in e-file / portage file list
Date: Sat, 23 May 2020 21:46:48
1 Am May 23, 2020 9:17:46 PM UTC schrieb Daniel Buschke <magic-gentoo@××××××××××××××.de>:
2 >Am 23.05.2020 um 22:55 schrieb Zac Medico:
3 >> Since the portage API only added about 1 second to the python script
4 >> time, I guess it's on par with your bash implementation. ;-P
5 >
6 >Yeah, if you substract the second for loading and the second for doing
7 >queries, then yes, it's pretty par with the bash implementation :D
8 Hm correct me if I am wrong, but from looking at the patch Zac provided I think he meant that the time portage consumes is only one second while the "rest" is 3.2 seconds. So there is probably a potential in improving the "rest" somehow.
9
10 You see he exits after line 35 and until that not a lot happens besides all other imports, the argument parsing and the querying of the data.
13 Best regards
14 Daniel