From: hasufell <hasufell@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Referencing bug reports in git (WAS: Re: [gentoo-commits] repo/gentoo:master commit in: sci-libs/opencascade/)
Date: Sun, 09 Aug 2015 23:47:06
In Reply to: Re: [gentoo-dev] Referencing bug reports in git (WAS: Re: [gentoo-commits] repo/gentoo:master commit in: sci-libs/opencascade/) by Andrew Savchenko
1 As I see it, a lot of people already stuff the bug number into the
2 summary and I can't really say anything against that. It gives a nice
3 overview when you look at it:
4 https://gitweb.gentoo.org/repo/gentoo.git/log/
5
6 Given that fact, I am not sure we can convince people to repeat the bug
7 number in the description of the commit. However, the bug url definitely
8 does not fit into the summary, but in the description. That would be an
9 argument for the bug url thing (so we actually have both).
10
11 As in: try to stuff the bug number in the summary and also give a link
12 in the commit description in the form of "Gentoo-Bug-url: ...".