From: Tobias Klausmann <klausman@××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] GWN Comments
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2006 18:24:56
1 Hi!
2
3 On Mon, 19 Jun 2006, Caleb Tennis wrote:
4 > I'd like to propose some form of ability to post user comments
5 > to GWN stories. I suppose a full blown CMS system would work,
6 > but for the ease of time I'm suggesting that perhaps we open up
7 > a GWN section on the forums and post the text of the GWN (or
8 > perhaps each section) in a new thread each week and allow users
9 > to write comments. I think opening up this venue of feedback
10 > would let users more readily tell us what they're interested
11 > in, and it would allow GWN contributors/editors/etc to see some
12 > of the fruits of their labors.
13 >
14 > Any comments?
15
16 Principally, I agree (though I'd also rather go with the blog
17 approach as Patrick suggested). One point though: commenting only
18 being possible after registration may cut down on the spam (both
19 commercial and vandalism), but it also raises the bar for
20 legitimate comments.
21
22 I'm not saying there should be no hurdle, it's just that it
23 should be thought of/decided beforehand.
24
25 Regards,
26 Tobias
29 You don't need eyes to see, you need vision.
30 --
31 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list