From: Michael Palimaka <kensington@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: don't rely on dynamic deps
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2014 08:21:32
1 On 07/22/2014 07:52 AM, Alexander Berntsen wrote:
2 >
3 > To sum up: My vote is disable dynamic-deps. And I would be happy to
4 > apply a patch that does this with the information I have today.
5
6 What a great way to kill the distro.
7
8 I can already heat my house with the number of unnecessary rebuilds - I
9 can't imagine how many people will be left once we have to needlessly
10 rebuild libreoffice and half the tree every time someone makes some
11 minor change. If developers can't revbump correctly to address the
12 shortcomings of dynamic deps, why do we expect they will be able to do
13 so for static deps?
14
15 When can we expect this issue to be brought before the Council? I look
16 forward to seeing the specific examples of unavoidable breakage that
17 would be required to make such a decision.