From: Michael Orlitzky <mjo@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Revisions for USE flag changes
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2017 16:12:52
1 On 08/13/2017 12:06 PM, William Hubbs wrote:
2 >
3 > There is a down side you didn't talk about -- more work for the arch
4 > teams and for us in terms of stabilizations.
5 >
6 > When we revbump, a new revision automatically gets ~ keywords on all arches
7 > unless we make an exception. If a revision changes iuse but could still
8 > be built with the stable tree, I would want to be able to commit this
9 > type of revision directly to stable.
12 I don't think you should be adding features and code to stable ebuilds
13 in the first place, but if you're going to do it, then I wouldn't let a
14 little -r1 on the end of the filename stop you =P