From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Copyright assignment and ownership (again)
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2005 17:14:11
1 On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 07:35:47 -0500 Jon Portnoy <avenj@g.o> wrote:
2 | On Sat, Feb 26, 2005 at 05:02:06AM -0800, Anthony Gorecki wrote:
3 | >
4 | > Heated flames and constructive discussion are welcome.
5 |
6 | How about we just realize that ebuilds aren't really copyrightable
7 | content to begin with most of the time, call it quits, pull the
8 | copyright notices, and be done with the whole thing?
9
10 How about we recognise that individual ebuilds aren't worth anything
11 and that the tree *as a whole* should be copyrighted as a single work?
12
13 # This file is part of the Gentoo Portage tree, which is Copyright (c)
14 # 1999-2005 Gentoo Foundation, and distributed under the terms of the
15 # GNU GPL v2.
18 Ciaran McCreesh : Gentoo Developer (Vim, Fluxbox, shell tools)
19 Mail : ciaranm at gentoo.org
20 Web : http://dev.gentoo.org/~ciaranm