From: George Prowse <cokehabit@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: gentoo-dev vs lkml?
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 00:41:33
1 Ferris McCormick wrote:
3 > Hash: SHA1
4 >
5 > On Wed, 14 Mar 2007 17:30:32 -0500
6 > Steev Klimaszewski <steev@g.o> wrote:
9 >> Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
10 >> <snip>
11 >>
12 >>>> Personally I understand why flameeyes took that to bugzilla; how else
13 >>>> could he say he'd gone thru the appropriate channels? Devrel (a
14 >>>> group, not an individual) weren't set up to respond quickly as others
15 >>>> have informed us all.
16 >>>>
17 >>> Case in point: you need to distinguish between flameeyes leaving (again)
18 >>> as a publicity stunt because his attempt to blackmail devrel failed and
19 >>> flameeyes' stated reason for leaving...
20 >>>
21 >>>
22 >> <snip>
23 >>
24 >> It was an ultimatum. He goes or I go, it was not blackmail. FFS, can
25 >> we please stop calling it blackmail?
28 > As I recall, flameeyes made the statement to kloeri, and kloeri called
29 > it blackmail. Whatever you call it, in business, issuing such an
30 > ultimatum is one of the quickest ways to become unemployed.
31 So you'd rather let one of the best employees go rather than chastise a
32 worker who is leaving soon? Thats just cutting off your nose to spite
33 your face.
34
35 It's good to see it has only taken 3 or is it 4 or 5 devs to leave
36 before anyone thinks about doing something.
37
38 George
39 --
40 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list