From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Conveying important upgrade messages to user community
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 15:17:53
1 On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 15:40:07 +0100 Henrik Brix Andersen
2 <brix@g.o> wrote:
3 | On Tue, 2004-11-16 at 15:34 +0100, Tamas Sarga wrote:
4 | > Lot of users don't know anything about PORTAGE_LOGDIR and the
5 | > portage-log filter scripts. I think the abilities of portage is
6 | > enough, but these aren't well-known enough. Maybe somebody (for
7 | > example me) should create an overview about PORTAGE_LOGDIR and
8 | > portage-log filters. It could go to the next GWN's tips&tricks
9 | > article.
10 |
11 | I think that would be prove very useful for most of our users.
12 | Personally I would welcome such an entry for the GWN.
13
14 GWN and gentoo-announce would be a good idea. Right now gentoo-announce
15 is basically just used for GLSAs, it's not a general announcement kind
16 of thing at all.
19 Ciaran McCreesh : Gentoo Developer (Vim, Fluxbox, Sparc, Mips)
20 Mail : ciaranm at gentoo.org
21 Web : http://dev.gentoo.org/~ciaranm