From: "Petteri Räty" <betelgeuse@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Putting qa warnings to a text file instead of showing them to the world
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2005 20:13:15
1 Lares Moreau wrote:
2 > On Tue, 2005-12-27 at 21:41 +0200, Petteri Räty wrote:
3 >
4 >>>On Mon, Dec 26, 2005 at 12:54:04AM +0200, Petteri Räty wrote:
5 >>>
6 >>>
7 >>>>Currently there are quite a few ebuilds in the tree that execute dodoc
8 >>>>or dohtml for files that do not exist. I think it would be nice to have
9 >>>>ebuilds die if this is the case. To not break current ebuilds this would
10 >>>>only happen with FEATURES="stricter". This is what I currently do in my
11 >>>>bashrc. Obviously when integreted to portage one can use helper
12 >>>>functions like hasq which are not available in bashrc.
13 >>>>
14 >>>>
15 >>
16 >>Well some people opposed this idea so what do everyone think about
17 >>making portage output stuff like this to a qa-warnings (or whatever)
18 >>file that developers can use? This would have the added benefit that
19 >>users would not normally see this stuff and report stuff so easily but
20 >>developers would still have easy access to it. Portage could even output
21 >>a header to this file saying not to file bug reports unless you know
22 >>what you are doing?
25 > I see the point about not showing all the QA stuff to the 'regluar'
26 > user. Maybe only show this info on screen with --verbose set. As for
27 > the QA-warnings file, how does this differ from parsing the files in
28 > PORTLOG_DIR?
31 Stuff that goes to PORT_LOGDIR is also shown to the user.
32
33 Regards,
34 Petteri