From: Lares Moreau <lares.moreau@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Putting qa warnings to a text file instead of showing them to the world
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2005 20:25:35
1 On Tue, 2005-12-27 at 22:10 +0200, Petteri Räty wrote:
2 > > I see the point about not showing all the QA stuff to the 'regluar'
3 > > user. Maybe only show this info on screen with --verbose set. As for
4 > > the QA-warnings file, how does this differ from parsing the files in
5 > > PORTLOG_DIR?
8 > Stuff that goes to PORT_LOGDIR is also shown to the user.
9
10 Could it be split? Have the QA stuff shown on screen only when --verbose
11 is set, but have all the information written to PORT_LOGDIR no matter
12 the flag.
13
14 In my experience most users don't use PORT_LOGDIR in the first place.
15 People who want the information define PORT_LOGDIR and have the
16 information. Why add files containing duplicate information?
17
18 -Lares
21 Lares Moreau <lares.moreau@×××××.com> | LRU: 400755 http://counter.li.org
22 lares/irc.freenode.net |
23 Gentoo x86 Arch Tester | ::0 Alberta, Canada
24 Public Key: 0D46BB6E @ subkeys.pgp.net | Encrypted Mail Preferred
25 Key fingerprint = 0CA3 E40D F897 7709 3628 C5D4 7D94 483E 0D46 BB6E