From: Lares Moreau <lares.moreau@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Putting qa warnings to a text file instead of showing them to the world
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2005 20:07:06
1 On Tue, 2005-12-27 at 21:41 +0200, Petteri Räty wrote:
2 > > On Mon, Dec 26, 2005 at 12:54:04AM +0200, Petteri Räty wrote:
3 > >
4 > >>Currently there are quite a few ebuilds in the tree that execute dodoc
5 > >>or dohtml for files that do not exist. I think it would be nice to have
6 > >>ebuilds die if this is the case. To not break current ebuilds this would
7 > >>only happen with FEATURES="stricter". This is what I currently do in my
8 > >>bashrc. Obviously when integreted to portage one can use helper
9 > >>functions like hasq which are not available in bashrc.
10 > >>
11 > >>
12 >
13 > Well some people opposed this idea so what do everyone think about
14 > making portage output stuff like this to a qa-warnings (or whatever)
15 > file that developers can use? This would have the added benefit that
16 > users would not normally see this stuff and report stuff so easily but
17 > developers would still have easy access to it. Portage could even output
18 > a header to this file saying not to file bug reports unless you know
19 > what you are doing?
20
21 I see the point about not showing all the QA stuff to the 'regluar'
22 user. Maybe only show this info on screen with --verbose set. As for
23 the QA-warnings file, how does this differ from parsing the files in
24 PORTLOG_DIR?
25
26 Later Days,
27 -Lares
30 Lares Moreau <lares.moreau@×××××.com> | LRU: 400755 http://counter.li.org
31 lares/irc.freenode.net |
32 Gentoo x86 Arch Tester | ::0 Alberta, Canada
33 Public Key: 0D46BB6E @ subkeys.pgp.net | Encrypted Mail Preferred
34 Key fingerprint = 0CA3 E40D F897 7709 3628 C5D4 7D94 483E 0D46 BB6E