From: Jeff Smelser <tradergt@×××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] KDE 3.2.3
Date: Fri, 09 Jul 2004 18:40:08
2 Hash: SHA1
3
4 On Friday 09 July 2004 01:16 pm, Chris Gianelloni wrote:
5 > Well, editing the file and committing it to the tree is definitely the
6 > easiest part. Have you bothered looking for bugs related to these
7 > ebuilds in bugzilla? Perhaps there is something holding back the
8 > ebuilds from being marked stable. Putting *any* ebuild in the stable
9 > tree has far-reaching implications, and we want to be very sure that it
10 > has the least amount of errors possible.
11
12 There is no damn bugs. Celeb even said so. You need to read this thread, I am
13 already tired of replying about going to bugzilla.
14
15 > They get moved when the maintainers feel that they are tested enough.
16 > Your "issue" is that things aren't moving fast enough for your liking,
17 > and I've told you how to solve it. What you do from here is your
18 > choice, but I can tell you that there's only one decision you can make
19 > that'll affect Gentoo, and that is helping out.
20
21 RIGHT! And there is nothing in THIS case to do, other than to move it. SO, how
22 can I move it? I can't, your gonna say. Thats were YOU GUYS come along..
23
24 > Why are you in such a rush to upgrade? I'm just curious.
25
26 Oh, various kde bugs. I can't connect to yahoo in the old one.. Read the
27 upgrade list. Its lengthy.
28
29 > If you find something that is working, report it. Don't wait around
30 > like a lump and then complain when we're not moving fast enough for your
31 > tastes.
32
33 Lol, Ok.. Now we are submitting bugs, that there are no bugs. I just read
34 spider's email about un needed bugs submissions. Which one should I follow
35 here?
36
37 > Most packages move to stable fairly quickly. Things like
38 > Gnome/KDE/X/GCC/glibc usually take longer simply because *MUCH* more
39 > testing needs to go into them due to the impact on our users.
40
41 Right, I am fully aware. Going back, nothing is in bugzilla other then user
42 errors. Celebs got them on the right track and fixed from what I saw.
43
44 > > And don't give me emails about moving up to ~x86. Why have the two
45 > > versions for a reason. if we are all gonna sit in ~x86, then why even go
46 > > have it.
47 >
48 > I wouldn't suggest moving up to ~arch, at all. I would suggest either
49 > having some patience, or helping out.
50
51 Right.. Good answer. Patience..
52
53 - --