From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] KDE 3.2.3
Date: Fri, 09 Jul 2004 19:26:13
1 On Fri, 2004-07-09 at 14:40, Jeff Smelser wrote:
2 > On Friday 09 July 2004 01:16 pm, Chris Gianelloni wrote:
3 > > Well, editing the file and committing it to the tree is definitely the
4 > > easiest part. Have you bothered looking for bugs related to these
5 > > ebuilds in bugzilla? Perhaps there is something holding back the
6 > > ebuilds from being marked stable. Putting *any* ebuild in the stable
7 > > tree has far-reaching implications, and we want to be very sure that it
8 > > has the least amount of errors possible.
9 >
10 > There is no damn bugs. Celeb even said so. You need to read this thread, I am
11 > already tired of replying about going to bugzilla.
12
13 YET. We're still on day 15. There are 15 more to go. Perhaps that
14 killer bug will be entered tonight, perhaps on day 29. If you're
15 getting tired of reading about going to bugzilla, then perhaps you
16 should go. Come back in 15 days if it hasn't been done. Actually,
17 better yet, lose the attitude which is getting you NOWHERE and come back
18 to BUGZILLA after those 15 days.
19
20 > > They get moved when the maintainers feel that they are tested enough.
21 > > Your "issue" is that things aren't moving fast enough for your liking,
22 > > and I've told you how to solve it. What you do from here is your
23 > > choice, but I can tell you that there's only one decision you can make
24 > > that'll affect Gentoo, and that is helping out.
25 >
26 > RIGHT! And there is nothing in THIS case to do, other than to move it. SO, how
27 > can I move it? I can't, your gonna say. Thats were YOU GUYS come along..
28
29 No, that is where the KDE team comes along. The rest of us have nothing
30 to do with KDE, as it is not our expertise and we are not aware of the
31 issues with it. Hence me responding without knowing every last detail
32 of this particular instance.
33
34 What I *do* know about is your attitude has been from the very beginning
35 very terse and rude. Quite frankly, that is not the way to go about
36 getting your way.
37
38 > > Why are you in such a rush to upgrade? I'm just curious.
39 >
40 > Oh, various kde bugs. I can't connect to yahoo in the old one.. Read the
41 > upgrade list. Its lengthy.
42
43 Great. I'm sure 15 days won't kill you.
44
45 > > If you find something that is working, report it. Don't wait around
46 > > like a lump and then complain when we're not moving fast enough for your
47 > > tastes.
48 >
49 > Lol, Ok.. Now we are submitting bugs, that there are no bugs. I just read
50 > spider's email about un needed bugs submissions. Which one should I follow
51 > here?
52
53 Spider didn't bother to mention that he has been on hiatus for a while,
54 so him having a TON of bug emails would be expected.
55
56 Now, what I am saying is that you should file emails, but NOT BEFORE 30
57 DAYS of the ebuild being in testing.
58
59 > > Most packages move to stable fairly quickly. Things like
60 > > Gnome/KDE/X/GCC/glibc usually take longer simply because *MUCH* more
61 > > testing needs to go into them due to the impact on our users.
62 >
63 > Right, I am fully aware. Going back, nothing is in bugzilla other then user
64 > errors. Celebs got them on the right track and fixed from what I saw.
65
66 All in all, it is Caleb's call, but the rule of thumb is 30 days. Being
67 as pushy as you have been throughout this thread shows that you have no
68 respect for the development staff and are simply self-centered. Thank
69 you for showing your true colors on this issue. I hope for the sake of
70 not having to listen to you whine anymore that Caleb finds some time to
71 bump KDE in the near future for you.
72
73 > > I wouldn't suggest moving up to ~arch, at all. I would suggest either
74 > > having some patience, or helping out.
75 >
76 > Right.. Good answer. Patience..
77
78 It definitely seems to be something that you're lacking.
79
80 Perhaps this will help you:
81
82 Patience Pa"tience, n. F. patience, fr. L. patientia. See
83 Patient.
84 1. The state or quality of being patient; the power of
85 suffering with fortitude; uncomplaining endurance of evils
86 or wrongs, as toil, pain, poverty, insult, oppression,
87 calamity, etc.
88
89 Strenthened with all might, . . . unto all patience
90 and long-suffering. --Col. i. 11.
91
92 I must have patience to endure the load. --Shak.
93
94 Who hath learned lowliness From his Lord's cradle,
95 patience from his cross. --Keble.
96
97 2. The act or power of calmly or contentedly waiting for
98 something due or hoped for; forbearance.
99
100 Have patience with me, and I will pay thee all.
101 --Matt. xviii.
102 29.
105 Chris Gianelloni
106 Release Engineering QA Manager/Games Developer
107 Gentoo Linux
108
109 Is your power animal a penguin?