From: Jeff Smelser <tradergt@×××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] KDE 3.2.3
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 2004 04:04:25
2 Hash: SHA1
3
4 On Friday 09 July 2004 02:33 pm, Chris Gianelloni wrote:
5
6 > YET. We're still on day 15. There are 15 more to go. Perhaps that
7 > killer bug will be entered tonight, perhaps on day 29. If you're
8 > getting tired of reading about going to bugzilla, then perhaps you
9 > should go. Come back in 15 days if it hasn't been done. Actually,
10 > better yet, lose the attitude which is getting you NOWHERE and come back
11 > to BUGZILLA after those 15 days.
12
13 its funny. I got a email from Celeb, the maintainer who disagree's. He should
14 have it in, he just doesn't have time.. Why does he agree, but you do not?
15
16 > No, that is where the KDE team comes along. The rest of us have nothing
17 > to do with KDE, as it is not our expertise and we are not aware of the
18 > issues with it. Hence me responding without knowing every last detail
19 > of this particular instance.
20
21 > What I *do* know about is your attitude has been from the very beginning
22 > very terse and rude. Quite frankly, that is not the way to go about
23 > getting your way.
24
25 My Attitude with you stems from your attitude.. It might be best if we, just
26 stop right here as I see it as getting US no where. Celeb is replying and
27 being at least honest about it.
28
29 > Great. I'm sure 15 days won't kill you.
30
31 Nope.. Again, I want to see this 30 day poiicy.. And I also want to know what
32 this has to do with ebuilds out side kde, that are past 30 days.. Mysql,
33 being one.
34
35 > Spider didn't bother to mention that he has been on hiatus for a while,
36 > so him having a TON of bug emails would be expected.
37
38 yeah, ok.. Nice reply. I have been on this list long enough to know he would
39 have bitched about it a month ago, before his hiatus.. Righyfully so I might
40 add.
41
42 > Now, what I am saying is that you should file emails, but NOT BEFORE 30
43 > DAYS of the ebuild being in testing.
44
45 Mysql?
46
47 > All in all, it is Caleb's call, but the rule of thumb is 30 days. Being
48 > as pushy as you have been throughout this thread shows that you have no
49 > respect for the development staff and are simply self-centered. Thank
50 > you for showing your true colors on this issue. I hope for the sake of
51 > not having to listen to you whine anymore that Caleb finds some time to
52 > bump KDE in the near future for you.
53
54 Right, me and Celeb have astablished this.. I was in agreement with him, he
55 doesn't have time.. Which is why this conversation with you, seems so
56 ironic.. I am arguing with someone I have no need to even be talking to.
57 Again, Celeb was very honest on why its not done. My reply, is, and will be,
58 how can I help him get it in faster.. Not bitch about it like your thinking.
59
60 Jeff
61 - --
63 Jabber: tradergt@(smelser.org|jabber.org)