From: Luis Ressel <aranea@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Proposal for changes for the next EAPI version
Date: Mon, 16 May 2016 16:39:04
1 On Mon, 16 May 2016 18:13:33 +0530
2 Pallav Agarwal <pallavagarwal07@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > What I'm suggesting is to add a new function post_install_test. The
5 > function will run only if the build is being run for stabilization
6 > (either as a part of automated stabilization, or manual) which can be
7 > controlled by a USE flag. The function would also require independent
8 > dependencies in case it uses external applications to test the one
9 > being built.
10
11 Could you please elaborate on this? We already have src_test() for
12 automated tests. Why would we want to run additional tests after the
13 package has been merged?
16 Regards,
17 Luis Ressel
18
19 Luis Ressel <aranea@×××××.de>
20 GPG fpr: F08D 2AF6 655E 25DE 52BC E53D 08F5 7F90 3029 B5BD