From: Kristian Fiskerstrand <k_f@g.o>
To: "William L. Thomson Jr." <wlt-ml@××××××.com>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] No Java Team, Java neglect was -> Reverse use of Python/Ruby versions
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2017 09:20:55
1 On 04/10/2017 11:54 PM, William L. Thomson Jr. wrote:
2 > Sadly a vocal minority surely does. If most get past others perception
3 > of me, insults, and all around the way I am seen. Then most would
4 > realize what ever they think about me, is horribly incorrect. I am very
5 > different than I may seem. Almost no one around here knows me. There
6 > are a few who have met me.
7
8 I've mostly stayed out of this discussion, but it seems to be reaching
9 more on personal discussions than topical matters now so I suggest that
10 everyone takes a step back, a breath of fresh air and keep the topics to
11 matters that can actually benefit Gentoo.
12
13 William; We've all heard what you're saying ad nauseam, and although the
15 discussions, several people have complained about spamming of the lists.
16
17 You're saying that nobody really knows you, have you considered spending
18 some time to reflect on how you present yourself on this mailing list
19 and other communication channels? Maybe taking another few minutes
20 writing an email can get your message across in a way that seems more
21 constructive? Pure volume and repetition of issues surely doesn't
22 benefit anyone, and quickly becomes boring.
25 Kristian Fiskerstrand
26 OpenPGP keyblock reachable at hkp://pool.sks-keyservers.net
27 fpr:94CB AFDD 3034 5109 5618 35AA 0B7F 8B60 E3ED FAE3