From: "William L. Thomson Jr." <wlt-ml@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] No Java Team, Java neglect was -> Reverse use of Python/Ruby versions
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2017 21:55:13
1 On Mon, 10 Apr 2017 17:31:26 -0400
2 Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > On Mon, Apr 10, 2017 at 5:21 PM, William L. Thomson Jr.
5 > <wlt-ml@××××××.com> wrote:
6 > >
7 > > Why are no new people coming? its hardly because of me.... Maybe
8 > > someday the majority will make it past the denial and blame others.
9 > > You cannot blame the community for how people within Gentoo act....
10 > >
11 > > That is really funny!!!!!
14 > Perhaps you should have read the second sentence of my post then,
15 > which you neglected to quote:
16
17 I did, I was not trying to go into further discussion keeping it short.
18
19 > The fact that everybody feels they either lack the power or shouldn't
20 > use their power to do something about nonsense like this is a larger
21 > issue.
22
23 That does not make sense to me. If anything I see the opposite. People
24 going around on power trips. Afraid of losing any of their "powers".
25 Resistant to any change that may change their "power". Other times flat
26 out abuse of power.
27
28 I do not agree on people feeling they lack the power. I haven't seen
29 that. Nor would I agree people do not have the power to do something.
30 In fact people with the power ensure only their way is the way things
31 are done. They have the power so they resist any change. I see lots of
32 power trips in Gentoo. No central power.
33
34 I see things completely differently. Rather than continue on. I said
35 what I did to end the convo rather than carry one. Since you assumed I
36 did not read, here is the reply I hoped to avoid.
37
38 I hoped to leave it as I have a different perspective. Which you can
39 see more of now.
40
41 > As you point out, this is purely an internal problem. I don't really
42 > feel all that frustrated with you.
43
44 Sadly a vocal minority surely does. If most get past others perception
45 of me, insults, and all around the way I am seen. Then most would
46 realize what ever they think about me, is horribly incorrect. I am very
47 different than I may seem. Almost no one around here knows me. There
48 are a few who have met me. Most have moved on, but some are still
49 around. For that reason I never assume to know anything about another.
50 While people assume all sorts of stuff about me. Not to mention
51 different cultures, etc.
54 William L. Thomson Jr.