From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] My masterplan for git migration (+ looking for infra to test it)
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2014 20:01:08
1 On Thu, Sep 18, 2014 at 3:33 PM, Diamond <diamond@××××××.ru> wrote:
2 > Lets assume, that I don't want to scrap old ebuild yet. There's no git
3 > cp command. git mv is just git rm + git add. That's what does it look
4 > like (usual revbump with git add in reality):
5 > https://github.com/cerebrum/dr/commit/311df9b04d876f5847416fe5ba699edfab50adb6
6 > I think that git (at least with default config is a pain in the ass for
7 > packages at all and we should probably think about better platform for
8 > portage).
11 What would you propose? The problem you raise is just as much an
12 issue with cvs. I don't get a continuous history across revbumps in
13 cvs today, so I don't really see a problem with moving to git.
16 Rich