From: R0b0t1 <r030t1@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [QA] New policy: 'files' directory must not be larger than 32 KiB
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2017 02:11:12
1 On Tue, Dec 19, 2017 at 4:14 PM, Elvis Pranskevichus <elvis@×××××.io> wrote:
2 > On Tuesday, December 19, 2017 3:44:26 PM EST R0b0t1 wrote:
3 >> How easy is it to move patches to Gentoo infrastructure if the patches
4 >> are not provided by upstream? I am slightly uncomfortable with
5 >> everything being pushed to websites like GitHub by default.
6 >
7 > How are patches different from other distfiles? Plenty of packages are
8 > distributed from Github. It's the purpose of the mirror system to
9 > remove the direct reliance on the original source.
10
11 I forgot most files were mirrored. So the infrastructure that is the
12 answer to my question is already in place. Consequently, I don't think
13 there's any reason to argue against this, unless it ultimately ends up
14 being a ton of work to package small files (which I can't comment on).
15