From: "Nathan L. Adams" <nadams@××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo Council meeting, Thursday 15th, 1900 UTC
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2005 02:13:30
1 Jon Portnoy wrote:
2 > Sounds to me more like people who aren't familiar with the internal
3 > structure of Gentoo don't need to be the peanut gallery when it comes to
4 > internal structural issues, but that's just me 8)
5
6 It sounds to me like those 'more familiar with the internal structure
7 Gentoo' haven't done so well on this issue. Maybe a little *more* peanut
8 gallery would do some good. 8)
9
10 Seriously, don't knock an idea simply because it doesn't come from
11 somebody in your chosen circle, or because it comes from somebody you
12 don't like personally...
13
14 > As far as devrel goes, call me a traditionalist but I think while infra
15 > should be able to do emergency deactivations (and afaik nobody's ever
16 > said they shouldn't) devrel should continue to be responsible for
17 > disciplinary issues including repeated QA violations reported by the QA
18 > team
19
20 What about giving QA temporary revoke powers just like infra (Curtis
21 Napier's idea), traditionalist? Fixing devrel's resolutions policies and
22 Curtis' idea don't have to be mutually-exclusive.
23 --
24 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list