From: Joe McCann <joem@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: Re[2]: [gentoo-dev] Stupid USE defaults that need cleaning
Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2005 18:39:19
1 On Mon, 2005-12-26 at 17:57 +0100, Jakub Moc wrote:
2
3 > eds - please, fix the ebuilds properly instead of throwing the thing on
4 > everyone. This has already caused numerous invalid bugs with people
5 > wondering why the heck portage wants to emerge gnome with USE="-gtk -gnome"
8 How do you suggest the ebuilds be fixed properly? per ebuild use
9 defaults that don't exist? This is the 2nd time somebody has mentioned
10 fixing the ebuilds, without really backing it up with anything. Unless
11 y'all have something in mind, please stop using phrases like "fix your
12 ebuilds" to make it look like you have a point. I'm sorry for the time
13 you have spent with invalid bugs(and you are doing a good job since I've
14 never seen one..kudos), I know that is a drag and doesn't really help
15 anybody in the long run, but this argument is no different then the
16 argument for any other default flag. For the record, the eds flag was
17 added as a default flag because every 3rd gnome user would file bugs or
18 complain via forums because they installed gnome, found no
19 evolution-data-server integration, and then be bummed when they had to
20 recompile packages again. This whole thread seems to have come from a
21 misunderstanding of how use.defaults work and 20 min of boredom.
24 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list