From: Kristian Fiskerstrand <k_f@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o, Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] AMD64 Arch Testers needed urgently
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2017 20:35:19
1 On 12/14/2017 01:01 PM, Rich Freeman wrote:
2 > In the beginning the system would be opt-in. Then once we have
3 > confidence that it is working well the flag could potentially be made
4 > opt-out.
5
6 The only place I imagine this being a good idea is for the kernel, given
7 the strict no break of userland policy (but even they fail from time to
8 time). For rest of the applications, even if we add tools to help
9 automate part of the stabilization, I'd very much oppose it being
10 automated without being initiated / acked by the maintainer.
13 Kristian Fiskerstrand
14 OpenPGP keyblock reachable at hkp://pool.sks-keyservers.net
15 fpr:94CB AFDD 3034 5109 5618 35AA 0B7F 8B60 E3ED FAE3