From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] AMD64 Arch Testers needed urgently
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2017 12:01:42
1 On Thu, Dec 14, 2017 at 5:39 AM, Thomas Deutschmann <whissi@g.o> wrote:
2 >
3 > But well, for the beginning we don't need the perfect solution. We can
4 > start with an easy mode and blacklist most packages. So devs interested
5 > can remove their packages from blacklist. And like said, build bot would
6 > still handle stabilization bugs.
9 I think this has all been gone over in a list post previously, but it
10 seems like the most straightforward solution here is flags in metadata
11 where individual packages can be flagged for auto-stabilization.
12
13 In the beginning the system would be opt-in. Then once we have
14 confidence that it is working well the flag could potentially be made
15 opt-out.
16
17 Maybe initially for testing you could keep the whitelist outside of
18 the repository, but then you need to make it straightforward for
19 maintainers to have their packages added to the whitelist if they
20 wish. Long-term if this becomes the standard workflow it would make
21 sense for the flags to go inside the repository.
24 Rich