From: Pacho Ramos <pacho@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: qa last rites -- long list
Date: Thu, 08 Jan 2015 09:45:47
1 El mié, 07-01-2015 a las 19:19 -0500, Jonathan Callen escribió:
2 [...]
3 > The only reason there is a security issue with nethack (and other
4 > games like it) on Gentoo, and only on Gentoo, is that the games team
5 > policy requires that all games have permissions 0750, with group
6 > "games", and all users that should be allowed to run games be in the
7 > "games" group. Nethack expects that it have permissions 2755 (or
8 > 2711), with group "games" and that *no* users are members of that
9 > group, so it can securely save files that are accessible to all users
10 > during gameplay ("bones" files) and ensure that the user cannot
11 > access/change their current save file. These two expectations are
12 > incompatible with each other, and end up creating a security issue
13 > that upstream would never expect (as no users can be in the "games"
14 > group traditionally).
18 If I don't misremember Council allowed finally people to not be mandated
19 by that "games team" policies and, then, I guess that could finally
20 allow to drop that security issue no? :/