From: Mikael Hallendal <hallski@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] openoffice ebuild (needs maintainer :-)
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2001 09:44:17
1 tis 2001-12-11 klockan 04.54 skrev Dan Nelson:
2 > On Fri, 2001-12-07 at 01:48, Geert Bevin wrote:
3 > > I can launch a compile later on today on a machine. But it's a PII 450
4 > > so I really don't know how long it will build.
7 > I just got done compiling build 641 on my RC6 box. It took about 25
8 > hours on a PII 450 with 256m of ram. I didn't use the ebuild to compile
9 > it, but I looked through the existing one and it didn't do anything
10 > different from what I had done manually.
11
12 Haha, this is sick!
13
14 > I'd have to say that I will have to see significant speed improvements
15 > to want to compile openoffice again.
16
17 Do you see any difference in speed on your own-build compared to the
18 binary release?
19
20 Regards,
21 Mikael Hallendal
25 Mikael Hallendal
26 Gentoo Linux Developer, Desktop Team Leader
27 CodeFactory AB, Stockholm, Sweden