From: Donnie Berkholz <spyderous@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] Useflags: qt, qt3, qt4?
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2006 21:27:09
1 Henrik Brix Andersen wrote:
2 > On Tue, Jun 20, 2006 at 03:11:38PM -0400, Caleb Tennis wrote:
3 >> I would personally like to stay with just the "qt" use flag. The use flag
4 >> will be for support of whichever version of Qt is supported (v3 or v4) for
5 >> the particular emerge.
6 >
7 > I would like a single 'qt' USE flag as well. If a package supports
8 > multiple versions of Qt, it can easily be tested which one is
9 > available at build time, see for instance
10 > net-wireless/wpa_supplicant-0.5.3.
11 >
12 >> In the cases where more than one version is supported, it should be for
13 >> Qt4 only. The Qt3 version should be a separate emerge. For example, in
14 >> the case of the poppler bindings, there should be a poppler-bindings-qt3
15 >> package.
16 >
17 > How about using my idea from above (if USE=qt, then check which
18 > version(s) of Qt is available and compile in support for those)?
19
20 That makes for highly irreproduceable builds and particularly screws
21 with building packages on one machine and expecting them to work on
22 another. Same as autodetecting in configure scripts, except worse
23 because now we're doing it too.
24
25 Thanks,
26 Donnie