From: Henrik Brix Andersen <brix@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] Useflags: qt, qt3, qt4?
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2006 21:11:26
1 On Tue, Jun 20, 2006 at 03:11:38PM -0400, Caleb Tennis wrote:
2 > I would personally like to stay with just the "qt" use flag. The use flag
3 > will be for support of whichever version of Qt is supported (v3 or v4) for
4 > the particular emerge.
5
6 I would like a single 'qt' USE flag as well. If a package supports
7 multiple versions of Qt, it can easily be tested which one is
8 available at build time, see for instance
9 net-wireless/wpa_supplicant-0.5.3.
10
11 > In the cases where more than one version is supported, it should be for
12 > Qt4 only. The Qt3 version should be a separate emerge. For example, in
13 > the case of the poppler bindings, there should be a poppler-bindings-qt3
14 > package.
15
16 How about using my idea from above (if USE=qt, then check which
17 version(s) of Qt is available and compile in support for those)?
18
19 Regards,
20 Brix
21 --
22 Henrik Brix Andersen <brix@g.o>
23 Gentoo Metadistribution | Mobile computing herd