From: "Stephen P. Becker" <geoman@g.o>
To: foser <foser@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] gtkmm-2.4.7
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2004 22:24:01
1 foser wrote:
2 > On Sun, 2004-11-28 at 11:07 -0500, Stephen P. Becker wrote:
3 >
4 >>Did we ever officially set up the x86 arch team, or is that not going to
5 >>be done?
8 > Again the arch team, as long as maintainership for packages is on x86
9 > arch, such a team shouldn't touch packages. Maintainers stabilize first,
10 > only then arches.
11 >
12 > Too bad the last discussion on this issue remained in limbo, we should
13 > try and get some consensus going here on how to deal with this.
14 >
15 > - foser
18 Which is why there should be a maintainer flag in metadata that states
19 whether a package is maintained or not, and if so, what arches the
20 maintainer has access to for testing.
21
22 Seeing as arch maintainers should generally coordinate with package
23 maintainers anyway, I don't see what the issue is here.
24
25 Steve
28 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list