From: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] webmin flag..? Re: apache/web use flag?
Date: Tue, 08 Jul 2003 08:48:45
1 On Tuesday 08 July 2003 10:36, Stroller wrote:
2 > I was consequently quite shocked when I emerged Samba, to find that the
3 > Swat component is hard-wired into ebuild. Now, I'm not disputing that there
4 > may be good reasons for this (I take it Swat is distributed as part of the
5 > Samba package?), but I had emerge'd this beautiful, simple, non-GUI,
6 > server-optimised Unix, and a certainly don't want such rubbish on my
7 > system!!
8 >
9 > -I do have Apache webserver on my Gentoo box, but I don't need ANY webbased
10 > admin tools at all. Is there any chance of a global "webmin" flag to deal
11 > with this..?
14 Swat is indeed a part of samba itself. I think your suggestion to put it
15 behind a useflag is a good one, so please submit a bug in that respect. Take
16 note that swat is a standalone webserver that is run through inet.d.
17
18 Paul
21 Paul de Vrieze
22 Researcher