From: Luca Barbato <lu_zero@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: --as-needed to default LDFLAGS (Was: RFC: Should preserve-libs be enabled by default?)
Date: Fri, 30 May 2008 23:11:16
1 Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > On Sat, 31 May 2008 00:47:44 +0300
3 > Mart Raudsepp <leio@g.o> wrote:
4 >>> Paludis is fine with as-needed. But hey, don't let reality get in
5 >>> the way of your pathetic attempts at turning everything into Paludis
6 >>> bashing.
7 >> It happens to be the only package that I know of that couldn't be
8 >> fixed to work with --as-needed (fix for others being to actually
9 >> state linking with a library whose symbols are directly used). I have
10 >> not heard of anything else.
11 >
12 > Except that Paludis is fine with --as-needed.
15 Ok, then everything in the tree is covered and we can move to having
16 --as-needed as default.
17
18 lu
22 Luca Barbato