From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Bug #565566: Why is it still not fixed?
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2016 05:04:02
1 Kent Fredric posted on Wed, 24 Feb 2016 23:35:57 +1300 as excerpted:
2
3 > Though personally I feel for the goal of stabilization tracking, you
4 > aught to be analysing the git repo. Not only can you then see when a
5 > given package was stabilised, but you can see the other packages that
6 > were stabilized in its proximity, which is way too hard to do with the
7 > Changelogs.
8
9 Which I am (running from the git repo), and that ability to (as a user,
10 easily) actually track all that extra data was one of my own biggest
11 reasons for so looking forward to the git switch for so long, and is now
12 one of the biggest reason's I'm a /huge/ supporter of the new git repo,
13 in spite of the time it took and the imperfections it still has.
14
15 =:^)
20 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman