From: Peter Stuge <peter@×××××.se>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: Code Review Systems Was: [gentoo-dev] Git Migration: launch plan & schedule
Date: Sat, 04 Jul 2015 17:49:37
1 William Hubbs wrote:
2 > If we do add a code review system, it should be fully accessible from
3 > the command line. Pybugz is almost there for bugzilla; the only thing it
4 > lacks is the ability to reply to specific comments.
5
6 Gerrit is also almost there, it has an ssh interface which is very
7 usable for most operations, but not so much for writing inline
8 comments within patches, which is a nice feature of Gerrit that I
9 would like to use. At the moment I have to revert to the web
10 interface to do it.
13 NP-Hardass wrote:
14 > I am unfamiliar with how other big projects that use code review
15 > systems. Do they generally make (almost) everyone participate,
16
17 In coreboot, which admittedly isn't such a big project, my impression
18 is that the introduction of Gerrit has lead to increased
19 participation. Previously patches and review went across the mailing
20 list, and many simply filtered the whole list into a folder.
23 > or do they typically restrict review to a certain class of users?
24
25 Hm, why would that end up happening? I'm not saying it can't, just
26 that I don't understand why it would. What do you have in mind?
29 //Peter